Have Your Cake & Eat it Too!

As a Mommy of three and wife of 11 years, my daily routine is a whirlwind. In an effort to carve out some "me time" and explore a creative outlet, I have picked up a new hobby. Baking! This blog highlights my journey into baking and chronicles my sporadic adventures.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dora & Bat cupcakes for daycare Birthday Parties.

Too much celebration?  NEVER.  Besides, I wanted to test two colours of cake layered and see if it really works just poured into the baking cups.  My bucket list has a rainbow cake project on it, so this was a chance for me to get my feet wet.

Griff chose bat cupcake cups so we decorated with orange icing and chocolate chips

Clearly left over from halloween but my kid is a big Nightmare before Christmas fan, so these worked.

1st attempt at layering two shades of batter.  Not a bad result.

Griffin eagerly trying to eat up his macaroni and cheese so he can have a cupcake and fruit.

Claire was very excited to get her little hands on a Dora topper.  She finger painted icing all over the tabletop, but didn't eat a bite.

Have I mentioned how much I love this cupcake carrier?

Claire ran off with one of my mini Dora's, so I had to use a Royal icing Dora head on one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment