Have Your Cake & Eat it Too!

As a Mommy of three and wife of 11 years, my daily routine is a whirlwind. In an effort to carve out some "me time" and explore a creative outlet, I have picked up a new hobby. Baking! This blog highlights my journey into baking and chronicles my sporadic adventures.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Cupcakes ~ Pumpkins and Spiders

I had a few kiddies coming for a playdate today as well as my annual Halloween party for the daycare so I used cake mix and Betty crocker frosting to whip up these cupcakes quickly for the kids. 
For these simple pumpkins I used white cake mix and fluffy white frosting.  Used my orange food colouring on both and swirled the icing on in a circular motion.  Added tiny M&M's for a leaf.  Easy peasy.

For the spider, chocolalte cake mix and icing.  I was supposed to use shoestring licorice for the legs but couldn't find it anywhere so I cut my own.  At least the legs look hairy, I guess.  Sprinkles for the spider hair and red M&M minis for the eyes. 

I had to use my cute pumpkin and Bat non pariels too so the last chocolate cupcakes got those.

MMMMMM, fun and tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment